Mystic Sunset
Image by Stacy Lynn Baum via Flickr

I know, I know, I promised a review of my June goals, and posting July’s goals, and then didn’t follow through.  I’m an irresponsible blogger lately.

We went away for the July 4th weekend.  Chris, the kids and I all stayed in Groton for the weekend so we could be close enough to the beach and to other activities in case of rain.  We went first to a friend’s barbecue on Saturday, which was a blast, then headed to the hotel that night.  Sunday was rainy, so we had a lazy day focused on eating, sleeping and just hanging out at the hotel.  We went to the beach on Monday and treated ourselves to one really good meal (as opposed to quick-stop diners/clam shacks and BK).  If you’re ever in the Mystic area, eat at the S&P Oyster Co. and you won’t be disappointed.  They claim to have the “best view in Mystic” and I’d be hard-pressed to disagree.  Not only can you see the drawbridge (cool for adults and kids alike), but if you go in time for sunset you get a great view over the water.  One wall is glass, so you can see it extremely well.  Be warned though, it has gone very upscale both in decor and price.  Kids must be well-behaved, and cell-phone use is definitely frowned upon (as it should be in all restaurants).  Still, there were five of us, so five meals and two apps and drinks/sodas, and it was less than I thought it would be.

Now the two older kids are away for two weeks on a trip with their aunt and her fiancé, who works with NASA.  They’re headed to Florida to play while he attends a conference of some sort, and then on to Disney.  Plus they’re visiting their Grandpa on the way down (briefly) and for a couple of days on the way back up.  The youngest and I are going to be on our own (when Chris is at work) for the next couple of weeks.

The ER.  We spend way too much time there between croup during the winter and Chris’s stomach issues, which they still can’t diagnose other than to rule things out.  So, on to the specialist.  He woke me up at 3 a.m., and we went in (he, M. and I) until about 6 a.m.  Then home to bed.  M. slept until 11 a.m., so at least I got some sleep before starting today, but I’m not very quick on the draw today.

With that in mind, I’m going to stop here and post on my goals separately.  You know, when I have some.